Where To Place Home Security Cameras In El Paso?
Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in El Paso? As a general rule, there are three primary areas of the home for video protection: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Although your installation team will be able to advise where you should begin, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras around your residence.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Entryway
While it may seem crazy that a burglar would make an effort to simply walk in the front door, 34% of invasions take place near this passageway. There are also package thieves among other dangers to think about. Doorbell surveillance is perfect to tackle all of these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Video doorbells are nice as you are able to converse with people who approach and engage the doorbell. By using your mobile application, like ADT Control, you may answer each instance with two-way communications and real-time footage and appear to be at home. When someone attempts something criminal, you are able to have your video surveillance instantly record a clip and transmit it to your mobile phone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras outside your residence is often a difficult undertaking. Thankfully, there are some useful suggestions to help ensure you’re well protected.
- The corners of your El Paso home allow for a large field-of-view, as you can see two parts of your yard.
- Right under an overhanging eave or into a length of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- On top of your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing access point for burglars than you might believe!
- Above a back porch or back door -- or any entryway not visible from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, be sure to trim away any overgrown plants or trees that may block your ability to see clearly.
Tips To Enjoy The Best Results From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in El Paso. However, the added adaptability does mean there are more factors to consider:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light that enters via a window might create a glare and impact the clarity of your surveillance footage. Direct your interior camera lens away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Similar to a watchtower, a surveillance device located in a higher spot will have a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras at the top of tall pieces of furniture or affixed to a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment won’t be able to protect you if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in a spot where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. You could try mounting or a different method of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest security camera won’t do much good if you have a plant blocking the view. On the other hand, decor or foliage can also serve as a means to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t obscure the lens!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Dial (915) 233-0687 or complete the following form to get started.