Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In El Paso
You understand you must protect your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you have all of your valuables. But what type of home protection is right for you? Whether or not to use 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in El Paso and get a better sense of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system bridges to a third-party monitoring team that is ready to offer assistance at all times. Whenever an entrypoint sensor triggers or a smoke detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists receive an immediate alert. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and contact the proper first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include a backup team. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you need to respond to get it resolved. This choice is the more affordable route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In El Paso
Here’s a quick overview of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Improved security: Having a backup in place is always a good choice. If you are on vacation, not awake, or don’t have your phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always standing by to help. They’ll respond quicker to alarms than you can by yourself.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Better components and flawless integration: When you receive equipment, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security specialist, you will gain access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be better than what you will come across on your own.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Usually required to use professional installation: Countless individuals would prefer to have the install completed by skilled experts, but some DIYers might object.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation will be satisfactory for many as home security is something you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In El Paso
Here’s a short overview of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring fee.
- Install yourself: Some may consider this a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an added charge. Other residents might wish to use a professional.
- More Flexibility: You are able to install components whenever you wish - and from your choice of manufacturer. With that being said, you may find integrating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your system. If a disaster arises, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What if you’re away from your phone and don’t receive a security notification? This circumstance equates to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your full attention: Since you are the only one in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- No support setting up the system: If you want a helping hand during an install, you may have to employ someone else. The installation is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In El Paso
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in El Paso from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home defense system is the right option for you. Call (915) 233-0687 today to customize your package.