Security cameras can simply be used as a deterrent—a display that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras come outfitted with a number of features all designed to deliver all-encompassing protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording functionality or infrared dark vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these tools help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in El Paso.
How To Set Up Your El Paso Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Installing your home security cameras at the optimal points around your living space is the best place to begin with home security.. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a good notion to have a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras ideally offer you a clear sightline of your front door, front walk, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that aren’t quite as important to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Privacy for you and your guests ought to be a chief concern prior to placing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you want a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera layout is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in El Paso. The additions listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get instant alerts on your phone the instant unusual activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start recording when movements are discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your home security cameras to record and store clips for easy viewing later.
- 2-way talk: The majority of current security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with guests through the camera. With your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive look at any space. Check for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that are able to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to protect specific locations within your home.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera footage, direct cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Pulling the most out of your security cameras in El Paso is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from simply a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (915) 233-0687 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.