The latest home security options have become more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still forget to do basic security tasks like arming your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
What if you never had to remember doing these tasks in the future? With geofencing in El Paso, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In El Paso For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary around your residence, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then uses your cell phone to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to share information with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by centralizing all components onto a single network. You can institute specific boundaries around your home and assign the specific actions you want to occur as you move beyond the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your driveway, you may program your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing will alert your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are several of the technologies you may manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home security system in El Paso. With the mobile app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of home automation. Just tap your phone, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make certain components come alive when another element is triggered. Instruct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when the CO detector goes off. Or switch on your hall’s smart light when your surveillance system notices unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Have your lighting turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in El Paso
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (915) 233-0687 or submit the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.